Tuesday 1 January 2013

2012 Favourites to take into 2013

There's been heaps of posts over the last few days by other beauty bloggers on what their favourite makeup/skincare of 2012 has been. This post is sort of similar as it's about the makeup that I loved in 2012 but it's also about the makeup that I want to finish in 2013. My goal this year is to use up as much makeup as I can before buying more. I have 3 packages coming from the US and my credit card needs a break... I'm thinking about doing a project pan but I keep failing my shopping bans so I have no idea how I'll survive :P

My 2012 favourites list includes:

2012 Favourite Makeup!

1. Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer in shade 8:

I absolutely love this concealer! I've been using it religiously and it seriously covers up everything on my forehead (I have a lot of acne scars). Please excuse my poor photos. I got a new iPhone 5 and for some reason, the camera isn't as good as the one on my 4S. I have no idea where my actual camera is right now...

Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer

2. MAC Watch Me Simmer Lipstick:

I bought this off eBay and paid a ridiculous amount ($36-37). It was limited edition so I couldn't buy it in store. I also accidentally broke the bottom of it one day (the weather was really hot!) so it gets a bit wonky when I try to use it. It's an amazing pink/orange coral colour.

MAC Watch me simmer lipstick
3. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey:

I got this from Abigail from the Shrinking Wallet in our Christmas swap. I love this and carry one with me everywhere. I also have 2 spares at home :)

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey

4. Jemma Kidd Strike A Pose Swivel Palette:

This was also from Abigail (from our Christmas swap). I love the cream blush in it :)

Jemma Kidd Strike A Pose Swivel Palette

5. Revlon Photoready cream blush in Pinched:

I got this last week and I already love it. This is going to be a staple in my 2013 makeup bag.

Revlon Photoready cream blush in Pinched

6. Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder in 53:

I got this a few months ago and I've used it a few times. I really like it but I've been neglecting it. It's really effective as a setting powder and it's something that I'm going to throw into my bag so that I'll use it more.

Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder

7. Benefit Hoola and Benefit Thrrrob:

I got these 2 Box O' Powder's recently and I love them to death. I've actually been neglecting my other powder blushes and bronzers for these.

Benefit Thrrrob and Hoola

8. MAC Bronzing Powder in Matte Bronze:

I've only used this once but I really liked it. I kind of forgot that I had it as it's been tucked away at the back of my drawers and I've been mostly using the Benefit Hoola bronzer. This one is also being added to my 2013 makeup bag :)

MAC Bronzing powder in Matte Bronze

What's been your favourite makeup item of the year?


18 comments:

  1. Great list! I've got too many "favourites" to name one! So happy that you like the revlon kissable balm stain in honey and the jemma kidd palette! I need to look into that MUFE concealer, I'm running low on my UD 24/7 concealer and will have to get a new one soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with Jemma Kidd right now :) Thank you so much for introducing me to it! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the revlon balm stain in Honey!
    That MUFE concealer sounds right up my alley, I have tons of acne scarring :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a back up of the MUFE concealer as I wouldn't know what to do without it :P

      Delete
  3. Watch me simmer looks amazing, I hate mac for their limited edition products sometimes. I wanted to get Party Parrot from their collection last week and that shit sold out in one day, I was not happy at all!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch me simmer is my favourite :) It's so bright but it's perfect for summer! I just googled Party Parrot and I want that too :( Did it sell out across Australia or just online? If it's still available in Sydney, I can pick one up for you :)

      Delete
    2. Oh it's not available in Aus yet... If you want to pay Australian prices, you could probably get one as soon as it comes out this month :)

      Delete
    3. Hmm not sure if I want to pay Australian prices. I will wait and see when it comes to my mac counter!
      x

      Delete
    4. Now I've looked at Party Parrot I want it too!

      Delete
  4. Great favourites! I have Watch Me Simmer as well and I think I need to wear it more! The brightness of it scares me a little. :P xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be perfect for a summer night time look :) I freaking love it and I hope they re-release it again :)

      Delete
  5. Great items. I want to take some happiness from 2012's December to new year :)

    Aree With Umbrella

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely going to try the balm stain now that you've mentioned it! I've been eye balling it! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE! I really want to try out Benefit powders this year, as I'm totally a Benefit virgin! D:
    I seriously want that lippie too! Damn it being limited edition :'(
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also want to try Benefit blushes this year...Dandelion first I think.

    danniiloves.wordpress.com

    <3 Dannii x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Benefit blushes are fantastic. I love mine so much I doubt I'll ever use my others again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been thinking about that Revlon Pinched blush! Watch Me Simmer is so pretty. Benefit boxed powders are on my 'To Try in 2013' list- I'm eyeing Bella Bamba and Dallas. :) x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...