Tuesday 29 January 2013

MAC haul! + Rant

I had a feeling all day that my MAC order would come today and when I came home, it was sitting at my front door. My postman changed recently and the new one always leaves my packages at the front door or somewhere near it and he NEVER rings the door bell even when we're at home (cars in the driveway is normally an indication that someone is home!) And of course, he felt the need to leave my box full of makeup directly in the sun rather than 2 meters to the right in the shade...

This meant that my 2 lipsticks melted and my blushes heated up. I'm so annoyed at him but I know that Australia Post will do nothing if I complained as they use contractors to deliver their parcels. My old postman used to always ring the bell to tell us that we had a package and/or to get our signature for registered packages. If no one was home, my packages would never be dumped directly in the sun. He was amazing! I wonder where he's gone now :(

Edit: I should probably clarify that I'm annoyed that my postman leaves my packages out in the sun rather than put it in the shelter 2 meters away. I understand that they do leave packages at the door but they shouldn't be leaving packages that need signatures at the door like mine does. Although my driveway is slightly steep, my front door can still be seen from the street and my package today stuck out like a sore thumb.

I've also been sick recently so while I wanted to do lots of swatches for this post, I didn't want to contaminate anything. I've had lots of hauls over the last week and I've been wanting to post about them but I'm going to wait until I can do swatches :)

MAC Pro palette + 6 blushes

I made this MAC order around the end of December last year with PriceUSA. I found out that the Pro palettes had been changed and they now have a clear see-through lid rather than the all black plastic palettes that they used to have. I couldn't find one of the old palettes in Sydney (the Pro store never picked up their phone) but I figured out that if I made a "custom palette" order from the online US MAC store, then I could potentially get one of the old black palettes so I quickly placed an order for a Pro palette and 6 blush pans. I know that it was a really expensive outlay but it's something that I've been wanting for a LONG time and if they hadn't changed the palettes, I would probably still be waiting to buy it. I might still buy the new palette so that I can depot my other eyeshadows and blushes.

MAC Blush Palette
From left to right is:

Top row: Dollymix, Fleur Power and Mocha
Bottom Row: Gingerly, Cubic and Buff

Each blush pan was $17 and the palette was $16 so I paid $118 in total. I just went back to the MAC US website to check and they've replaced the custom blush palettes with the new palettes so the price has also increased to $129.

I also picked up a lipstick in Lustering ($15) and a sheen supreme lipstick in blossom culture ($16). Lustering melted quite a bit and it stuck to the sides of the tube so it's really wobbly at the moment.

It's all melted :(
Blossom Culture and Lustering
As Lustering was so wobbly, I had to be really careful with swatching. The pictures show the true colour of the lipsticks and I'm in LOVE with blossom culture. I thought that it would be a boring pink but it's slightly peachy and I can't wait to start using it. Lustering reminds me of Love Goddess from the MAC Marilyn Monroe collection. I've obviously swatched Love Goddess more heavily (photo below) but as you can see, they're both raspberry reds.

Love Goddess lipstick

I'll have a separate post with swatches of all the blushes when I get over this virus/cold/suspected food poisoning. I'll also have a post up shortly about one of my Sephora hauls :) There'll be lots of swatches and a review in that post!


32 comments:

  1. I saw your rant on your twitter page! Silly postman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to catch him doing it one day as it's so frustrating!

      Delete
  2. The blush palette looks amazing :) it's a shame the lipstick melted.
    gemx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely annoyed that the lipstick melted. It survived 3 weeks in the post only to melt on my doorstep...

      Delete
  3. OMG!
    Lovely haul <3
    But say no to the postman..
    Agree silly postman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the haul!

    Shame the lipsticks melted. Usually the delivery driver leaves the parcels at your door. My dad is a postman and that's what he does. And my parcel driver always does the same for mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind that the parcels are left at the door but I guess I'm a bit spoiled after my previous postman :P My old postman and the postman at my boyfriends house used to find a safe place to put my packages like the back door or in under shelter... this one dumps it in the sun where there's no shelter. He's also left packages that require signatures at the door...

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous blush palette. I have a really crap postie too. Parcels always get left on the ground below the letterbox meaning they are on the footpath where they can be taken very easily. My post office doesn't even bother to attempt to deliver registered parcels, they just deliver a slip to pick it up with the normal mail. So annoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to pay more for shipping just so that I can get registered post where possible. I wouldn't mind going to the post office if it meant that my post man would stop leaving packages out in the sun.

      Delete
  6. I love that blush palette, hope you feel better soon (so you can swatch it, hehe).
    Sucks so much about the lipstick though :( I really hate it when postmen don't bother to ring the door bell! It seems when you're not home they just leave the parcel there, or if you are home they don't bother ringing the bell and leave a card to collect at the post office!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'll definitely swatch it and do a post :)

      Delete
  7. Blahhhh I could seriously rant about Australia Post all day long!!! I went through a year long battle with my postman not even coming to my door, and not leaving the "sorry I missed you" notes, which meant I had to wait like 4 weeks to get the "final notice" before I realised something was waiting for me! After much complaining he eventually got around to at least just leaving the cards, I caught him out and made him go back to his van to get my parcel, which he did but very reluctantly as he'd "already written out the card." (By the way, I live on a park which means he has to walk down the entire street to get back to his van, so that's why he's so lazy!)
    Now that he knows I've complained like crazy, he just leaves everything at my door without knocking (probably because he will think I'm a nasty person!), except now he's gotten into the nasty habit of asking my neighbour to sign for my parcels... I don't know my neighbour at all and luckily I caught him doing it, and told him NOT to do it again! I made a complaint but nothing happened! I even went to the postal ombudsman but they said they would not investigate as it's "human error." I really wish there was an alternative to Aus Post but sadly we have to live with it :(
    Ohh sorry for the rant.
    I'm so jealous of the blushes! I am in love! But I really love that lipstick too, I think I'm going to have to add that one to my wishlist! :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow.. I definitely don't have it as bad as you! That must be a nightmare for you.

      I can't believe that I missed this lipstick for ages! I finally found out about it and ordered it and I really really like it :)

      Delete
  8. Oh, Jen, I totally understand what you mean about the postman! I had a parcel arrive today and, with the fly screen closed, I said "Hold on, I'll open the door". Instead of waiting two seconds he was like "no no, I'll just leave it on the floor". C'mon, dude. Seriously..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My postman was forced to come to the door today so that I could sign for a package. I had 2 huge ones and a small one and when he was leaving, he pushed one of the big ones onto the floor (one was sitting on top of the other) for no reason after I asked "oh are they all mine?"

      Delete
  9. Oh em gee. That is so annoying! I'd be RAGIN', MAN. I hope it doesn't happen to you again! Those blushes look so nice though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely do a swatch of them all for another post :)

      Delete
  10. This is basically sacrilege! stupid postman! Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Can't believe that such a nice lipstick melted :(

      Delete
  11. Awww the poor state of the lipsticks! :( I would be annoyed too.
    My postman is ok but once, a package was left outside instead of in the mailbox and it was raining and got drenched :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm afraid off... the weather can be unpredictable and although it might look fine to leave a package or mail out in the open, it can be easily rained on.

      Delete
  12. I have an annoying postman too, he never rings the bell even though I'm home. I make a lot of trips to the post office, that's for sure. I have complained three times and it never gets better so I have given up.

    Your MAC haul looks great but I would be so upset over the lipsticks, it's really disappointing! Could you perhaps contact MAC and let them know of the situation? Maybe they'll want to send it through a different company to make sure their goods are more protected? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered these through a parcel forwarder as I got them from the US.

      Delete
    2. Oops forgot to add that there really isn't a different company for affordable shipping (not that it's that cheap anyway)... it's Australia Post or... Australia Post :P I wish we had more competition here!

      Delete
  13. Ahh how freaking annoying! This is why I have a post box :) I love the look of that blush palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should look into getting a PO box :) I don't think that my packages would fit into those size boxes though :P

      Delete
    2. They just hold them inside for you :)

      Delete
  14. Dolly mix and fleur power are my all time faves from mac! Lovely selection of blushes you've got there

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd be so mad if my postman left a parcel to melt in the sun. I used to have a postman who would try to force big parcels into the space between the security door and the actual door. I complained, but nothing happened, so I just left a note on my door asking him to leave a card for anything that won't fit in my (very large) mail-box. He probably thought I was weird but I never had a problem after that.

    Lovely haul though. I love the blushes you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Damn you postman! Isn't it against the law to ruin beautiful, precious makeup?! I love your blush palette btw, I want one now!

    Maybe you should make a box or something so that the postman can put it in... My bf was thinking about making me one, like a post box where you can put boxes in but you cant take them out without a key.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Same as mine! I really hate the post man here in my country! And to think that they were asking me to pay a lot of dollars! :(((


    aragwin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...