Wednesday 1 May 2013

YSL glossy stains Peche Cerra Cola (27) and Coril Fauve (12)

If you follow me on Twitter, you'd know that I'm always raving about the YSL glossy stains to anyone who'll listen to me. A few weeks ago, I picked up 2 more and someone asked me to do some swatches :)

I picked these up for $34 each from Sephora. I'm not sure how much David Jones and Myer are charging for these as I've heard that the price of the YSL glossy stains have been dropped to $33.95 although the online sites say $50. Also, I've never seen number 27 at any YSL counter so I'm not sure if it was ever released in Australia (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Left to Right: Peche Cerra Cola (27) and
Coril Fauve (12)

Left to Right: Peche Cerra Cola (27) and Coril Fauve (12)
Swatches photographed in the sun
Left to Right: Peche Cerra Cola (27) and Coril Fauve (12)
Swatches photographed indoors

Peche Cerra Cola (27) is a light peach/pink colour. It's definitely an every day colour as when it's applied, it looks pale pink and then 30 seconds later, it darkens a little and blends in really well with my lips.

Coril Fauve (12) is a bright pinkish-red colour that's bordering on coral. It's super duper bright on the lips which I love but it's definitely not for the faint hearted.

Like the other YSL Glossy Stains that I've tried, Peche Cerra Cola (27) and Coril Fauve (12) both last for about 2-3 hours before I need to do a touch up as I've generally eaten or drunken something by then.

Left to Right: 27 and 12
Swatches wiped down with a makeup remover wipe
after approximately 5 minutes
And as promised in my revlon lip butter review, I decided to go against lip swatches as I'm pretty terrible at photographing good ones. I went for face shots this time but I didn't realise how hard it would be! I've got my hat off to those who manage to take good photos all the time :P

Peche Cerra Cola (27)

Peche Cerra Cola (27)

Coril Fauve (12)






7 comments:

  1. I LOVE number 12! That's a colour I really want to get when I get to trying these out :)

    Both look stunning on you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I keep telling myself I need to do a Sephora haul JUST for these babies (okay maybe not JUST for these..) haha! They look gorgeous on you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corail Fauve is one of my favourites :) If that price reduction is true I am going to shed a few happy tears! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely! Ooh fingers crossed the price change is true, if so I will be picking one up sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeaa the coral one looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so nice! I really like no. 12

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so nice! I really hope the price has dropped otherwise I'll be doing some serious damage to my bank account

    dolcebeautyx.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...