Wednesday 31 July 2013

July Favourites!

I can't believe that it's already the last day of July! I don't normally get around to doing my monthly favourites but I loved these items so much that I had to share :) I'm also using some new backgrounds for my photos and I'd love to know your opinion on them.

July Favourites!

1. Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation:

Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation
I use this in Bamboo Beige which is a good match for about an NC25-30 (closer to NC25). I love that it's full coverage and covers up a lot of blemishes so that I can use less concealer. I'll definitely have to buy a darker shade for summer though.

2. Bobbi Brown lipgloss in Pink Coral:



I'm not normally a huge lipgloss fan but every. single. time. I walked through Myer or David Jones, I'd ALWAYS stop and look at this lipgloss when I walked past the Bobbi Brown counter. None of the other makeup items really ever got my attention but I could never resist admiring this. I finally bit the bullet and bought it as it's a gorgeous coral pink colour that's a bit pinkish-nude on the lips.

3. Simple Kind To Eyes eye make-up corrector pen:

Holy moly... I don't know what I would do if they ever stopped making this! I found this at Priceline and bought one to try as I can be kind of messy when I apply mascara (mascara gets onto my eyelids alot). It's basically a pen that you use to clean up any mascara or eyeliner mishaps. I also have one in my bag that I use whenever I need to seperate my eyelashes if I've accidently clumped them as it'll take off the excess mascara too. I love this so much that I have 2 in my handbag, 1 at my boyfriend's house and I picked up 4 spare ones this week....

4. Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara:


I was given one of these last Christmas in a Christmas swap with a friend from the US and I never got around to really using it much so I threw it away when it got old. I was really happy when this was launched in Australia (like a year after the US) but I resisted buying it for ages as I already have 2 mascaras on the go. However, Priceline had it on sale for $10 so I ended up caving in and buying it (who can resist Priceline sales?!). It's absolutely amazing. It doesn't give a lot of volume but it lengthens like crazy and it doesn't clump at all! In fact, it's like it coats each lash individually and the best part is that I don't have to curl my eyelashes beforehand as it does it for me :D

5. NARS blush in Deep Throat:


I got this blush about 4 months ago and I was kind of neglecting it until recently. I've been on a mission to use up my makeup so I'm determined to put a little bit of a dent into this before I change blushes. I have to admit that I'm getting kind of bored wearing the same blush every single day but it's such a nice shade that it still made it into my July favourites :)


What were your favourites this month? Please link me to your blog if you did a July favourites post as I'd love to read all about it :)

7 comments:

  1. Ohhh great favourites! You've made me really, really want that Simple corrector pen!!! It sounds awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got three shades of Silk Creme I love it that much. I've been using it for like 7 months now and I don't use anything else! And I love trying new foundations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deep Throat was in my favourites this month too! I loved sampling the silk creme foundation recently and mega plush is on my list of mascaras to try next! Great post lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deep throat is such a gorgeous shade! It's one of my favourites! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll love to try that Maybelline mascara if the same results apply to me as well.
    Loving the NARS blush. I'll have to check that out sooner or later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lot of Simple makeup remover pens! I didn't know that they made something like that, I really like their moisturisers though :) I resisted in buying the Maybelline Mega Plush mascara as I have even more tubes of mascara opened at the moment... but it's great that you don't need to curl your lashes before using it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Silk creme foundation is on my to-buy list! I'm in love with the NARS deep throat blush you gave me, which reminds me that I need to get the second part of our recommend 10 swap done!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...